Saturday, April 4, 2009

Major Players

It's my job to make sure my "Company" doesn't die !! As a team we play for high stakes. Mistakes can be costly, even deadly. They say chains are only as strong as their weakest link, and they're right. As the team leader for U.N Force Alpha, I've made it my personal responsibility to make sure that we don't show any form of weakness to our enemies. I've been given a great team to work with. I know we weren't the first draft pick , but we are no slouches either.

This entry is to provide the information about each team member and the role they play on the team. I will site both strengths and weaknesses to better get an idea on how to make us work effectively as a team. I will be also heading up more practice sessions. It's my belief that increased training and more effective drills will be necessary to become a cohesive unit.

Ultra Major (Merrill Jacobs)
Country:U.S.A
Status
:Active
Tactical Position:Team Leader
Strengths:Skilled military soldier. Superhuman strength , Invulnerability, Flight and Speed. Compassionate and proud to lead the people I am working with. Thorough knowledge of the teams strengths and weaknesses of the team I command.Willing to be the first line of defense to protect the liberties of all of the country and the world.
Problems:As of right now my biggest problem is remembering protocol with other countries and communicating properly. My other problem is learning to lead a group of individuals that don't quite know me that well and aren't all nearly as tough as me. I wouldn't send someone to do something I won't do myself. Getting my team to trust my judgement and not always question my decision is the hardest thing about being a leader. Even if you quietly agree with their thought process, my decision is final and I can't waver on it. Even if it fails.

Azalea (Azalea Moonsun)
Country:U.S.A (Hawaii)
Status
: Active
Tactical Position: Environmental Support/Air Support
Strengths:Azalea is the most social of us all. I'm kind of a stick in the mud country fella. But Azalea really knows how to be a "free spirit" ! This allows for great interaction amongst the team to get to know each other. In combat Azalea is my second string. She has a myriad of useful super abilities. It's hard to keep up. She is supposedly some sort of "Sea Goddess" which provides her a level of immortality, super human strength and durability. Though not possessed of invulnerability like myself her recovery time is phenomenal. Not many people could take a punch from a creature like the Denizen (see case file #1) and then be back to her perky self in a matter of minutes. She can speak to sea creatures, project bolts of electricity from her fingertips and manipulate the ocean, swim great speeds and even fly. Her versatility makes her a great asset to the team and I'm sure she knows it.
Problems
: I always worry that her free spirit doesn't keep her focused on the job at hand. She is a beautiful women and though it's her personal choice to have whatever tryst she deems fit. I wonder if it will ever interrupt our progress in the field. I admit she can keep me off my "A" game if I succumb to her flirtatious ways at the wrong time. It's a delight at times and the attention is definitely welcome, especially considering my "divorce". But I have to sometimes remind her to do that when we're done. Despite this I can trust her to have my back both professionally and dare I say it emotionally.

BETA (Nikita Koloff)
Country:Russia
Status
:Active
Tactical Position:Perimeter Assault/Long Range Attack
Strengths:Commissar Beta is my "counterpart" in his country. He still prefers to call it Mother Russia. I'm not knocking that. The one thing I can relate to when it comes to Beta is the love of ones country. He hasn't been on the team long but he has shown a great zest for friendship and camaraderie towards his teammates. His previous experience as a soldier as well as a super powered hero in his country makes him a great addition to the groups dynamic. His Radiation powers are explosive and and he's nigh invulnerable. He also possess great superhuman strength as well. He's one tough sonovagun. His powers can come in handy with certain situations and his experience in combat is excellent. I understand he can even see through walls. A great way to infiltrate visually before entering a situation. I understand he was engineered to have a living containment suit which allows his radiation to stay in check and not be harmful. My morning jogging partner he's just as disciplined about staying in shape , not so much physically since we've been both re engineered to be something else, but mentally in shape to prepare for what my come our way.
Problems:I'm not political. It's not what I'm about. I'm a soldier. Not that everything is black and white either, but Beta is very political. His beliefs about communism are his beliefs. Again I won't knock him for his principles but sometimes it extends in the wrong direction. He's a little rough around the edges and from what I was told seems to be very brutally domineering towards our prisoners. Look no one has to like a villain. Most of them are scum and I'm sure we have all felt at some point or another that the most diabolical ones should be put down like dogs. But Beta seems like he would do it without prejudice. I have to keep an eye on him because despite our growing friendship if he steps out of line I'll have to be ready to take him down. I agree that we need to find a way to prevent the villains from causing more tyranny,but we have rules and protocol. We're not just American heroes , we are international heroes and every criminal , foreign and domestic has a right to a fair trial. Despite that he's a team player and all around good comrade in arms. Like Azalea he's someone I know would have my back when it comes to a massive throw down.

Just Incredible (Justin Credible)
Country:U.S.A
Status
:Active
Tactical Position:Logistics Coordinator/Tech Support
Strengths:Justin is smart..I mean really smart !! Despite his lack of physicality. What he lacks in muscle he makes up in brain. His tactical expertise is very useful in the field. Though he has no military experience his ability to see the field from his unique perspective allows for great strategic advancement. Not only that his knowledge in the field of robotics, engineering and computers is beneficial on all those cases that are more cerebral in nature. He holds a number of degrees and I understand one of them is even in medicine. This makes him an asset in the event anyone is injured and needs medical assistance. He also has a few gadgets that lend help to situations. This is his first time doing anything like this. I wonder how he's getting along being around a group of "super people".
Problems:Justin is smart....I mean really smart !! He lacks the physicality that would usually protect someone like myself, Beta, heck even Shinobi. I tend to realize that unlike Shinobi, who is a seasoned combatant, Justin doesn't have extreme combat skills. I tend to use him what he's good at which is staying in the background or assisting with crowd control and the injured. But he's a capable soldier like all of us and shouldn't be coddled. I'm also a little concerned about this miracle drug he takes before going on missions. Is it something that they are allowing. I mean it's not illegal steroids I assume, but what if any side effects can come from trying to "keep up with the Joneses". I think Justin has a lot of potential. He's in someways more human than Shinobi because of the frailty we have to worry about. But his strength of conviction and his willingness to succeed seem to be his greatest asset.

Sebastian Psyche
Country:U.S.A
Status
:Active
Tactical Position:Intelligence/Profiling
Strengths:I haven't worked with Sebastian Psyche long enough. But I understand when he was on the Premier team with Rayn that he proved to be a reliable member. His mental acuity gives him the power to read minds, influence the minds of others and somehow even paralyze his victims with but a thought. He can also see the past and future by just touching something. Useful tools to gather intel. Sebastian also possesses a keen eye for detail and his detective skills are very useful. Though we have plenty of clearance it's good to know that his police connections might be useful for certain situations. Him and Justin have seemed to form a bond. Maybe it's because you have not one but two geniuses in the room able to asses a situation that might happen. Sebastian possesses and unusual toughness and a number of other abilities as well. I read his file before. His situation is delicate, but it seems to be something that he has become a strength to organization. I'm happy to have him. He and Azalea were part of that first team, I hope they don't feel slighted by my replacing Rayn. But it seems that so far alls well.
Problems:His situation is delicate. I have to consult with him one day to see if there is something we should do if things get, out of hand. He is someone who could easily become a dangerous situation if left unchecked. I wonder if Rayn worried about this ? Heck I'm hoping he does. If not for his situation I'd probably do the same thing I do with Justin and utilize his talents in battle from a distance. But it seems I don't have to worry about that. But I do have to worry. Saying I might have to stop a team member for getting out of line is one thing having to destroy a team member because they have no control over what they are is another. Until that time I reserve judgement and encourage Sebastians participation in the team dynamic.

Shinobi (Wu Nakamura)
Country:Japan
Status
:Active
Tactical Position:Reconnaissance/Stealth/Melee Assault
Strengths:Experience. In a nutshell that's what Shinobi has. Worlds of fighting experience. I might have been revived because of my "special" circumstances and my age is due to that stasis I was in. But Shinobi is like a living immortal warrior. He's seen it all and done it all. Hard to believe he made his debut on a local superhero team that didn't receive much accolades for their hard work. But he had proven results and then graduated twice to bigger teams. Justice Inc. and now us. I mean he's a Ninja. In most cultures he's a villain, a hired assassin, someone who works in the shadows to provide clandestine services. Just the opposite. He's still a ninja, but he's on our side. Whatever techniques he's learned over the years. He's a phenomenal combatant in the field. He almost single handedly took down the Denizen. Something I think even had I battled the creature I would have had a hard time doing. His stealth and art of being invisible to the opponent has come in handy many times. I've sparred with the man. He's surprisingly cunning and has defeated me more than once. Invulnerable or not his ability to be surrounded by beings more powerful than him and still hold his own is very impressive.
Problems:At times I think Shinobi can be a little out of touch with a situation. He can also have the tendency to rush headlong into a battle without thinking first. He has been beaten out of his armor more than enough times and though it is the state of the art protection, one hit from the wrong person and the long life he has endured could be snuffed out in seconds. I try to trust his battle instincts because he is an ancient warrior.He's seen war and death and I rather that he can survive long enough that he doesn't have to experience his own by making the wrong decision.

I will not compare my team to Rayns. She did it first and her team was a very formidable group individuals. I'm sure our leadership styles are different. But just like her I am learning to know my team. We eat sleep and breathe the same air on a daily basis. It's hard to find harmony in ones group. But like any relationship it has to be worked on. I believe my team is prepared to handle anything that comes our way. We just need to find the right balance to make it work.
We have the strength skill and passion to make it work. It's my job to try to see that work recognized and the goals we want to achieve fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.